- I really like the vibe here, the pace of life. This is going to be a great age group to work with.
- I've learned move about scheduling in the last week than I ever thought possible. I've got more to get my brain wrapped around, though.
- Eastern Promise/Academic Momentum is going to become a reality at our school. We will have a culture of a college/career mindset.
- And speaking of mindsets, our district consultant, Dr. Rudy Cruz, is recommending this book about them.
- I was interested to see our counselor evaluation criteria, new to our district this year. In order for me to earn an 'exemplary' rating for goals, I have to have an advisory council made up of staff, students and parents (as well as other stakeholders) to help make those decisions. I like that. It lends a lot of support toward the creation of such groups at the building level. I'm sure that will be a further topic on this blog.
K, time to grab my coffee, head out the door and get ready for Day 2.